Return trip leaving from Wellington Powerboat clubrooms, Titahi Bay to Waikawa Bay marina.
This ride is limited to 40 riders and registration is required, you cannot just turn up on the day.
On the day:
You must have:
- Riding gear:
- Suitable footwear
- PFD (Lifejacket)
- Gloves and Goggles are recommended.
- Tow rope
- Fully charged cellphone in waterproof container.
- You may also wish to bring:
- Hand-held VHF radio
- Distress beacon (EPIRB)
- Ensure your ski is full of coolant, oil and fuel.
- Carry a minimum of $150 Cash and a credit or EFTPOS card, for refuelling
- We recommend you bring some snacks / drinks as food outlets are not easy to get to at Waikawa
- You must refuel your ski in Waikawa.
Upon returning to the clubrooms we will have the BBQ running for the riders to grab a sausage and a drink.
- $40 for WJSC members
- $70 for non-members
As we are affiliated to the NZJSBA and this event is NZJSBA sanctioned, all riders must hold either an NZJSBA race license or social license. If you have not obtained a social license from a previous NZJSBA sanctioned event in the current season you can purchase one at registration for $20.
In the event of an adverse weather forecast, there will be an update on the likeliness of the ride being cancelled/postponed earlier in the week for those that are travelling from outside of Wellington, with a final call being made on the Thursday prior to the ride.
Notifications of a cancellation/postponement will be sent out via email and published on our Facebook page.
In the event of a cancellation/postponement, there will be an option of a full refund, or to remain on the list for the postponement date/next crossing.
Our postponement date for this trip is XXXXXXXXXX