The Wellington Jet Sport Club was established in the late 90’s, originally to enable Wellington to be able to host racing events in the area.
Over the years it has held numerous enduro and short course racing events, hosted the NZ Jet Sport Nationals multiple times and has run many social events around the country and continues to do so.
- We own our own clubrooms situated at the western end of Grays Road on Pauatahanui Inlet and have recently completed a new deck and floating jetty. This clubroom is available for use by all club members.
- We offer people who are interested in riding and racing PWC (personal water craft, also known as “jetskis”) the opportunity to meet with and ride with others
- We regularly meet up with members from other jet sport clubs at various locations around New Zealand
- We organise an annual Cook Strait crossing.
- People who ride and race jetskis come from all age groups – we have teens and grandparents as part of our membership
- There are several different classes for racing eg: novice, veteran, women, stock, open
- We are a very family orientated sport and even if you do not ride we value the input of family members and supporters to help with a huge variety of tasks involved in running a meeting, such as lap scoring or pit crew (no experience necessary)
- As a rider, you don’t need to be hugely experienced – you can gain confidence and learn from watching others
- We have social rides as well as racing events