Return trip leaving from: Wellington Powerboat clubrooms, Onepoto, Titahi Bay to Waikawa Bay marina.
We are no longer taking registrations for the Cook Strait crossing.
Make sure you are signed up to our event mail list to get notifications of the next trip.
On the day:
- Meet at the Onepoto clubrooms at 7:00am.
- Riders must be over 15 years of age.
- No passengers allowed.
- No 2 strokes due to reliability issues in the past.
You must have:
- Warm clothes, helmet, tow rope and a fully charged cellphone in waterproof container.
- You may also wish to bring, a hand-held VHF radio, flares, distress beacon (EPIRB).
- Ensure your ski is full of oil and fuel.
- Carry a minimum of $150 Cash and a credit or EFTPOS card, for refuelling and lunch.
(We recommend you bring some snacks / drinks as food outlets are not easy to get to at Waikawa).
- You must refuel your ski in Waikawa.
Upon returning to the clubrooms we will have the BBQ running for the riders to grab a sausage and a drink.
Entry fee: $40 for WJSC Members, $70 for non-members
Entry fee is payable on the morning of the ride at registration, this removes the need to process refunds in the event of a cancellation of the ride.
In the event of an adverse weather forecast, there will be an update on the likeliness of the ride being cancelled/postponed earlier in the week for those that are travelling from outside of Wellington, with a final call being made on the Thursday prior to the ride.
Notifications of a cancellation/postponement will be sent out via email and published on our Facebook page.
Our postponement date for this trip is Sunday 14th April
Registrations have now closed